- To make the mustard sauce, whisk together 3 egg yolks, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and continue whisking until the sauce thickens. Once it has reached the desired consistency, remove the bowl from the heat and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salad mix, cherry tomatoes cut in half, chopped sundried tomatoes, and chopped red onion. Add olive oil, squeeze in half the lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the ingredients together well.
- Spread the cream cheese on each slice of toast and place them nicely on a plate in the middle of the salad mix. Cut the canned salmon into smaller pieces and place them on top of the cream cheese.
- Carefully remove the poached eggs from the sandwich bags and place them on top of the salmon. Pour the mustard sauce over the toast and garnish with black tobiko, basil and capers. Your poached egg and salmon toast is now ready to serve!
Instructions for poached egg;
- 1 sandwich bag
- Just a drop of oil
- 1 Egg
- Heat a pan of water until just about boiling.
- Grab a sandwich bag and put into the bottom a small bit of olive oil, close the bag and rub with your fingers to smother the oil around the bottom of the bag – this is to make it easier to remove the egg later. close the bag and rub with your fingers to smother the oil around the bottom of the bag – this is to make it easier to remove the egg later.
- Crack an egg into it. Make a closed knot or use a shoelace or hair clip to close the bag.
- Place the bag in the water and cook for 3 and a half to 4 and a half minutes, depending on how firm you like your egg.
- Remove the bag and cut off the top under the knot/tie/hair clip/whatever with a pair of scissors.
- Then just tip the egg from the bag and onto the salad and enjoy!
- Poach the eggs properly: Poaching eggs can be tricky, so it’s important to follow the correct method to get perfectly poached eggs. Make sure the water is gently simmering. Also, don’t forget to time the eggs to get them just the way you like.
- Use a flavorful sauce: The steamed sauce made with egg yolks, Dijon mustard, butter, salt, and lemon juice is what brings this dish together. Make sure the sauce is well seasoned and has a good balance of flavors. You can adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and black tobiko: Garnishing the dish with fresh herbs and black tobiko adds both flavor and visual appeal to the dish. Use micro herbs and black tobiko to make the dish look more elegant and appetizing.
- Mix the cream cheese with some lemon juice and black pepper for added flavor.
- Season the salad mix with salt and pepper just before serving to prevent the vegetables from wilting.
- For a healthier version, use whole-grain bread instead of white bread.