- To prepare the risotto, start by cooking the rice in boiling water with salt, following the instructions on the package. Once the rice is cooked, drain it and set it aside.
- Next, melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the wood mushrooms until they turn golden. Then, add the prepared rice, pepper, salt, wine, and parmesan to the pan. Mix everything together and heat it up. After that, add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream and heat it up again.
- Drain the tuna (keep the oil to finish the dish) and add it to the mix in the pan. Mix everything together well.
- To serve, use a small cake mold and place it on a plate Fill the mold with the prepared risotto mixture. Pour the tuna oil from the can over the risotto and decorate with parmesan.
- Use high quality tuna: Since tuna is the star of this dish, it’s important to use the best quality tuna you can find. Brīvais Vilnis tuna is a great choice.
- Cook the rice al dente: To ensure that your risotto has the perfect texture, cook the rice al dente. This means that it should be cooked through but still have a bit of bite. Overcooked rice can turn your risotto into a mushy mess.
- Don’t forget to stir: Risotto needs to be stirred constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan and to ensure that it cooks evenly. Use a wooden spoon to stir the rice and add the liquid slowly to allow the rice to absorb it properly.
- Use good quality Parmesan: The Parmesan cheese is an important ingredient in this dish and can make a huge difference in the flavor. Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese for the best results.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Add a pop of freshness to your risotto by garnishing it with fresh herbs such as parsley or chives. They not only add flavour, but also make your plate more attractive.