- Cut a yellow, green, and red bell pepper into long slices, slice black tomato, cut a cucumber into long sticks, and peel an orange with a knife, cut out the soft parts, and add them to the salad mix, squeeze the rest of orange juice over the salad. Cut a plum into slices and add it to the mix, along with a chopped onion, slices of radish, and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Pour in some olive oil, squeeze in half a lemon’s juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Gently mix all the ingredients together and transfer the salad onto a serving plate.
- Drain the canned tuna and arrange the tuna pieces nicely on the sides of the serving plate. Once the poached eggs are ready, carefully remove them from the sandwich bags and place them on top of the salad.
- For an extra touch of flavor and decoration, sprinkle black tobiko and quinoa over the salad. This fresh and vibrant salad with poached eggs, tuna, and quinoa is now ready to enjoy
Instructions for poached egg;
- 1 sandwich bag
- Just a drop of oil
- 1 Egg
- Heat a pan of water until just about boiling.
- Grab a sandwich bag and put into the bottom a small bit of olive oil. close the bag and rub with your fingers to smother the oil around the bottom of the bag – this is to make it easier to remove the egg later.
- Place the bag over a bowl and crack an egg into it.
- Remove the bag from the bowl and tie up – you can use anything from a simple knot to a sandwich bag tie, or even a hair clip.
- Place the bag in the water and cook for 3 and a half to 4 and a half minutes, depending on how firm you like your egg.
- Remove the bag and cut off the top under the knot/tie/hair clip/whatever with a pair of scissors.
- Then just tip the egg from the bag and onto the salad and enjoy!
- Choose high quality tuna: As canned tuna is the main source of protein in this salad, it’s important to choose a quality product that has been caught and processed sustainably. “Brīvais Vilnis” tuna is the right choice.
- Use a variety of fresh and colorful vegetables: Use a mix of colorful vegetables such as red and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers to add both flavor and visual appeal to the salad. Make sure the vegetables are fresh and of good quality.
- Make a poached egg for added protein: A poached egg is a great way to add protein to the salad. Use a green bag, olive oil, egg, and boiled water to make a pochote egg as shown in the video. Place the pochote egg on top of the salad and garnish with black tobiko for added visual appeal.